إعلانات Zone 4B

[CLOSE]

إعلانات Zone 3B

[CLOSE]
أحدث الأخبار:

إعلانات Zone 2B

[CLOSE]
الرئيسية | استراليا | NSW Police raid home of former Auburn deputy mayor Salim Mehajer

NSW Police raid home of former Auburn deputy mayor Salim Mehajer

آخر تحديث:
المصدر: The Sydney Morning Herald
الكاتب:
عدد المشاهدات: 900
قيّم هذا المقال/الخبر:
0
حجم الخط: A+ A-
نسخة صالحة للطباعة   نسخة نصية   أرسل إلى صديق

إعلانات Zone 6B

New South Wales Police remove evidence from the home of former Auburn deputy mayor Salim Mehajer. Photo: AAP

NSW Police have raided the home of colourful former Auburn deputy mayor Salim Mehajer, as the property developer comes under pressure over a string of criminal charges.

 

A spokeswoman for NSW Police confirmed on Wednesday that police were conducting a "planned operation" at premises in south-west Sydney relating to an "ongoing investigation".

 

It is understood the raid relates to a car crash Mr Mehajer allegedly had in Lidcombe on October 16 on the way to an assault trial in Sydney's Downing Centre Local Court.

 

Mr Mehajer, 31, has previously rejected claims he staged the crash to avoid the trial, the first of two assault trials that were expected to be heard in the same week.

 

A spokesman for Mr Mehajer's companies told Fairfax Media in October that any suggestion the crash was staged was "ludicrous", "evil" and "irrational".

 

"For those to make such remarks reflect a sheer evil persona," the spokesman said in an email.

 

Mr Mehajer was elected to the now-defunct Auburn Council in September 2012 and later elevated to the deputy mayoralty.

 

He has pleaded not guilty to more than 100 electoral fraud offences related to the alleged rigging of the election that catapulted him into public office.

 

Mr Mehajer's electoral fraud trial was expected to resume in the Local Court on December 11 but the court heard on Tuesday that the property developer has changed legal teams, which may slow the proceedings down.

 

On the morning of the crash, Mr Mehajer was due to face trial for allegedly assaulting a taxi driver outside The Star casino in the early hours of April 2 by throwing an eftpos machine at his face.

 

He was also charged with "intentionally destroying" an iPhone belonging to a casino worker.

 

Mr Mehajer was charged with a second assault later that day as he was being whisked away from Sydney City police station on Day Street in a Porsche.

 

Channel Seven journalist Laura Banks was caught between the car door and the Porsche as Mr Mehajer attempted to flee a media scrum outside the police station.

 

He was charged with assaulting Ms Banks and was expected to face court on that charge on October 18.

 

Both trials were delayed until next year in the wake of the crash. Local Court magistrate Vivien Swain re-listed the trials for January 31 and February 19 respectively.

المصدر: The Sydney Morning Herald

إشترك في خلاصة التعليقات عدد التعليقات: (0 منشور)

المجموع: | عرض:

إكتب تعليق

البريد الالكتروني يبقى سرّي و لا ينشر
  • عريض
  • مائل
  • خط بالأسفل
  • إقتباس

- التعليقات الواردة من القراء هي مسؤولية أصحابها ولا تعبر عن رأي إدارة الموقع بالضرورة
- تتم مراجعة تعليقاتكم قبل نشرها عن طريق إدارة الموقع

- (سياسة نشر التعليقات)

أحدث الأخبار - أستراليا

  1. دول خليجية تحذر رعاياها من السفر إلى لبنان (5.00)

  2. وفاة "ملكة الديسكو" دونا سمر عن 63 عاماً (5.00)

  3. معارض صيني ضرير بمطار بكين متوجهاً لنيويورك (5.00)

  4. الاكتئاب لدي المراهقين .. له إشارات يجب الانتباه لها (5.00)

  5. صحف العالم: أمريكا "تعاقب" باكستان بعدد سنوات سجن أفريدي (5.00)

  6. فيلم منتظر يكشف تفاصيل اغتيال بن لادن (5.00)

  7. أستراليا: التيار الوطني الحر في سيدني ينعي فقيده المفكر و المناضل والاعلامي المخضرم الأستاذ بطرس عنداري (5.00)

  8. الرحيل المفاجئ (5.00)